Monday, June 21, 2010

Library of the Early Mind

Can I embed? Here goes: I ran across this compelling trailer for a new documentary about children's literature. The array of authors is stunning. Elizabeth Bird, blogger extraordinaire for School Library Journal, highlights the line, "If I hadn't become an artist I would have become a serial killer." Our beloved Mo Willems talks about how he writes for illiterates. Exactly! I had to buy an entire second set of Elephant & Piggie books for our children who can't read.




I can't wait for the release, scheduled to be shown at Harvard in October.

(If you can't watch it here, try it on YouTube).

2 comments:

  1. Natalie, We can count on you to show us everything cutting edge. Thanks for this trailer (which inspires me to learn to "embed"). Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete